Why Nurse Rural & Remote in 2019?
We are offering FREE TRAVEL for all +6 week Rural & Remote Placements across 2019.
Rural & Remote placements are interesting, challenging and extremely diverse experiences’. Take the opportunity to work closely with local communities and make 2019 the year you Nurse R&R!
View our latest Rural and Remote Placement by clicking below.
Still looking for an excuse to try Rural & Remote?
Look no further! We have three (3) great reasons why you should give it a go!
Travel FREE with HCA (EXTENDED to 2019)
- The ‘Travel FREE with HCA’ incentive runs from 00:00 AEST 1st August 2017 to 23:59 AEST 31st December 2019. All mentions to the ‘dates of the incentive’ refer to these dates
- These Terms and Conditions are effective from the date specified above and may be amended by Healthcare Australia at any time
- This incentive is available to all HCA Rural and Remote candidates currently located in Australia or overseas and commencing their contract within the dates of the incentive. The candidate must be eligible to work in Australia, hold AHPRA Registration with no restrictions and be registered with HCA to participate (if unsure about the process please contact our Rural and Remote Team. They will assist candidates in being work ready)
- To qualify for this incentive the candidate must successfully complete a minimum contract of 6 weeks
- Travel refers to all en-route travel within Australia – fuel (equivalent to Best Fare of the Day and as per your candidate agreement), flights (economy class only), public transport and en–route taxis ONLY from the candidate’s closest airport to the placement location and return to the same airport. Excess baggage AND taxis to/from home are not included.
- Within Australia, travel is to be booked by the consultants. In the case of a candidate needing to book their own travel and transport, this will need to be approved by their consultant before booking
- All travel must be in the name of the candidate
- For all placements commencing after January 1, 2019 for INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES: A $200AUD each way international travel allowance is valid for those candidates living outside Australia that comply with our Free travel promo T&C’s. This allowance is valid for flights ONLY from the candidate’s home airport to their entry port into Australia. At this point the standard free travel Ts and Cs WITHIN AUSTRALIA will apply. Travel to Australia will be booked by the candidate and reimbursement upon completion of 6 weeks of placement or successful completion of placement.
- The candidate must submit their travel claims to their consultant within 14 days of your successful placement completion
- Once all documentation has been received and approved by HCA, the candidate will be reimbursed for their travel within 30 business days
- Healthcare Australia has no obligation to candidates who do not comply with these terms and conditions
- This incentive cannot be combined with any other incentive or offer run by HCA with the exception of the Rural and Remote Training Bonus ‘Refer a friend’ scheme.
- Travel entitlements apply to specified placement ONLY as outlined in the candidate agreement. Travel must be completed within 7 days of the end date of the placement, after such time it is the candidates’ financial responsibility to arrange their travel home. HCA will not be obligated to provide any financial travel assistance after this time.
- Candidates who do not meet HCA travel policy will have their claim rejected.
- Candidates who do not meet HCA’s strict compliance requirements will have their claim rejected.
- Candidates who do not meet HCA’s compliance requirements will not have travel booked and may be required to pay back any travel outlaid by HCA or relevant Health service.
- Candidates who do not complete their placements successfully may have their claim rejected and may be required to pay back any travel outlaid by HCA or relevant Health service.
Registered Nurses that work a +6 week Rural & Remote contract with HCA have access to a $500 reimbursement on applicable training and education courses per calendar year.
- Eligibility of $500 reimbursment based on successful completion of a minimum 6 week Rural & Remote contract
- Reimbursement only payable upon presentation of tax invoice receipt and certificate showing successful course completion
- Reimbursement up to the value of $500 per Nurse per calendar year
- Offer not valid for Defence Health Employees
- Candidates must be active and working with HCA to claim reimbursement
- Please remember tax and super-legislative requirements apply
- All payments are at the discretion of HCA
- HCA reserves the right to extend or end this promotion.
Information on Training Courses:
Examples of eligible courses: Understanding Vaccines and the National Immunisation Program (SA Course), MEC (Midwifery Emergency Course), REC (Remote Emergency Course), ALS (Advanced Life Support) and Pharmaco Therapeutics.
Applicable to courses available through HCA and external accredited courses. For more information on courses, speak with one of our consultants by calling 1300 885 728.